Re: Open Source "Fundamentally American Concept"

__/ [ thad01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Monday 05 June 2006 14:22 \__

>> I wish you the best of the Democrats. I was appalled to witness the
>> outcome of the previous elections.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Roy
>
> If the votes had been counted fairly, the Democrats would likely have
> won the last two Presidential elections.  The evidence for this is well
> documented and overwhelming... unfortunately most citizens are completely
> ignorant of this or are in complete denial.  The crooks are rolling out
> more and more of these atrociously vulnerable electronic voting machines
> and placing them in the hands of crooked, partisan electoral officials.
> We have a slim chance of the Democrats retaking the House this November
> and then starting some real investigation, but I worry that too much
> damage has already been done.  Change will only come if citizens become
> involved, but it seems most would rather watch American Idol than
> participate in their democracy.
>
> Sorry, I'm feeling particularly cynical today.

Please don't apologise. Your words make a lot of sense and the last bit made
me giggle. When I was in Florida last month, I saw these electronic voting
booths (in the City Council) and I also saw that American Idol craze, almost
on a nightly basis. I can recall my cousin repeating that stupid phrase
"deal of no deal?", which is the influence of the dumbest show I have ever
seen. It could truly turn people into mental vegetables and get them
socially-retarded.

6 years ago I almost moves to Massachusetts. Seeing what has been going on in
the States ever since the year 2000, I believe I made a wise choice. My
Linux wallpaper from 2000-2003 remained Al Gore (don't ask) -- a habit which
I promised to keep after the 2000 'elections'.

For your comical relief:

        http://youtube.com/watch?v=kNe4GWxos2s&search=bush%20sovereign

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: Brazil spans 47.8% of S. America
  3:40pm  up 38 days 21:13,  11 users,  load average: 2.16, 2.29, 2.35