Re: Linux will truly have arrived when...

__/ [ Stephen Fairchild ] on Thursday 08 June 2006 11:40 \__

> spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Even reading a large screen is less... comfortable than holding a book or
>> magazine. I don't know why, the ease of changing pages, flicking between
>> them, holding a page so you can compare two things on different pages...
>>
>> The general.... tactility of it. Until they come up with a paper thin
>> foldable display medium that looks slightly book-like, They'll never
>> replace printed text. (IMO)
>
> Something that frequently gets overlooked: books smell nice.

The one thing I was told last year is that deodorants can be used to remove
unpleasant odours from electronic gear . This was in the UK laptops
newsgroup IIRC... someone received a smelly laptop.

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - electronic medium does not get stained, yellowish hues, or becomes
creased. It retains perfection over the years.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | SuSE, Mandriva, Fedora - Gotta love them girls
  1:45pm  up 41 days 19:18,  10 users,  load average: 0.65, 0.54, 0.33