Re: Linux will truly have arrived when...

__/ [ Stephen Fairchild ] on Thursday 08 June 2006 14:33 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> PS - electronic medium does not get stained, yellowish hues, or becomes
>> creased. It retains perfection over the years.
>
> If you really want to archive something you need to chisel it in granite
> and
> keep it away from frost and rain.  Bits get flipped.  Hard drives die.

You can mirror and duplicate then. *smile*

It's one thing that I find very difficult with everything which is in
physical form. As a matter of fact, I had things stolen in the past. They
were not replaceable. Another thing which I find difficult to do with
physcial object is hierachical filing, sorting, and searching.

With kind regards,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Did anyone see my lost carrier?"
  4:30pm  up 41 days 22:03,  10 users,  load average: 0.91, 1.06, 1.30