Re: At home or work, XP goes out to lunch

Roy Schestowitz wrote in <1201066.s9NkDxKXUf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on Thu, June 8
2006 08:41:

> The "easy to use" argument relies on the assumption that everybod has used
> Windows before. I found Mac OS 9 _far_ easier to use (functionally lacking
> however) and you should take a look at the number of people who
> successfully switch to Ubuntu Linux, having /never/ used Linux before (and
> Linux is _not_ Windows, neither does it (GNOME) try to assimilate to it).

Yeah... the real argument should not be "ease of use."  Rather, it should
be "ease of learning" -- since that is what people have to do to pick up a
new system, anyway.  There are plenty of people that force themselves to
learn Windows because they perceive that it is the only system out there.
Sure, it becomes easier to use as time passes, because you're figuring out
the hurdles and memorizing them.

The same thing can be done with Linux systems when presented to new users,
with comparatively the same ease-of-learning -- especially with today's
desktop environments.

        - Mike

--
Registered Linux User #417338, machine #325045.

Win95: 95 = The number of times you'll complain to MS about it.