Re: [News] MSFT Drops to $21 Territories

Roy Culley wrote in <u6nql3-10a.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx> on Sat, June 10 2006 07:32:

> No doubt OEM's will be 'pressurised' to install vista on new PC's. For
> MS's sake it had better be a more stable and more secure OS than any
> of its predecessors or it will bomb. Past history doesn't favour MS
> being able to do so.

You would think that they would make it stable, though Beta 2 does not
appear to be such, at all.  There are problems with fundamental components
of the system (at least in the 64-bit version running on Intel hardware)
that made me not look back at it.  Unless they _really_ clean up their act
before release, I don't see how it is going to actually keep users in the
market.

        - Mike

--
Registered Linux User #417338, machine #325045.

A computer's attention span is only as long as its extension cord.