Re: Dilbert Meets Proprietary Software Vendor

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> I'm curious as to why he posts all the [News] posts. If I wanted to read
>> snippets of articles from RSS feeds I'd fire up my RSS aggregator. As
>> would most other sensible people I suspect. Roy posts very little original
>> content of his own yet he's consistently been at the top of the weekly
>> stats for a while now. Derp! The cynic in me thinks I may be on to
>> something...

> BD, have you seen what a mess, content-wise and relevance-wise this newsgroup
> used to be. The conversation is at least somewhat on topic now...

I've been reading this group off and on (a lot more off than on) for
close to a decade and it's always been more or less the same, that is, a
troll den. As long as "Linux advocates" (I use that term lightly here) keep
posting mis-information and FUD about other software (BSDs, Macs, MS Windows,
etc) in an attempt to bolster Linux, it's going to continue to get trolled.

As for your assertion about content, you're weekly flood of "[News]"
postings isn't doing what you seem to think it is. One only needs to look
at the weekly statistics to see how effective those posts are at promoting
discussion. [1] Discussion is, after all, what the Usenet was created for.
It was not created as a place to dump RSS news feeds and web pages.

You might want to consider the fact that the news servers people are
using don't all have the same amount of retention, and your weekly floods
of MATERIAL THAT CAN READILY BE FOUND ELSEWHERE could possibly be pushing
legitimate discussion off news spools before they have a chance to be
read. That, to me, just isn't right, and if it continues to escalate I'm
going to consider it borderline abuse and treat it as such.

[1] Despite your being the top poster by number of posts week after week,
the subjects you're posting rarely turn into meaningful discussion.
http://bdhi.ath.cx/cola-stats

I do appreciate you using the subject line tags though, helps keep the
screen clutter to a minimum.

--
Black Dragon

Hear about...
	the Eskimo girl who spent the night with her boyfriend and
	next morning found she was six months pregnant?