Re: Buzzing/whining Tungsten|C screen?

__/ [ Steven Folberg ] on Thursday 09 March 2006 16:52 \__

> On 3/6/06 10:46 PM, in article duj3a0$22od$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy
> Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Steven Folberg ] on Monday 06 March 2006 20:12 \__
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm pretty sure this has been covered in this NG before, and that the
>>> Tungsten C's screen developing a high-pitched whining noise is not
>>> unheard of. Anybody have reference to further information on this or what
>>> can be done?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Steve
>>
>> It's very common among the Tungsten E (and some say the E2 as well):
>>
>> http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/08/08/buzzing-tungsten/
>>
>> Not much you can do about it apart from complain to the vendor or wear
>> earplugs [sarcasm /]
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Roy
>
> Oh, well, Roy, thanks for the information, even though it's not what I
> wanted to hear (pun intended...)
>
> Take care,
>
> Steve

Look at the bright side: one day, when the headphone jacks get knackered and
sound ceased to work (another common Tungsten problem, of which I am a
sufferer), this may become a helpful trait, not a flaw. Upon setting alarms,
the unit will switch itself on automatically and /still/ make a sound. Could
you please lend me your buzzing display? Last time I failed to notice an
alarm was yesterday evening (true story, ended up badly).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Othello: http://othellomaster.com
  6:15pm  up 1 day 10:52,  8 users,  load average: 0.57, 1.02, 0.95