Re: KUbuntu Issue

__/ [ Kelsey Bjarnason ] on Friday 17 March 2006 18:50 \__

> On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:09:23 -0800, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
>
>> [snips]
>>
>> Follow-up...
>
> Follow-up to the follow-up...
>
> Okay, I've discovered two cases where CPU usage of kwin spikes.
>
> First is, as noted, when flipping wallpapers.
> Second is when applying a UI-wide display change, such as changing the
> display size of all fonts.
>
> The latter is expected; the former isn't - but is easily worked around -
> just don't flip wallpapers, or do so only every hour or so.  Still
> annoying, but hardly fatal.
>
> Since I stopped the wallpaper flipping, the only time usage has gone above
> about 2% is when applying the font change; most of the time it sits at
> zero percent.
>
> I can live with this. :)

Have toy files a bug report yet?

http://bugs.kde.org/

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Biophysics
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  6:55pm  up 9 days 11:32,  8 users,  load average: 0.36, 0.58, 0.59