Re: It's getting a bit quiet in here. Anyone know any other "alt.website" type forums, groups, web sites?

  • Subject: Re: It's getting a bit quiet in here. Anyone know any other "alt.website" type forums, groups, web sites?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 12:02:08 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.websites
__/ [ Anthropy ] on Saturday 18 March 2006 11:35 \__

> It does appear to be getting quiet in here. Obviously all the
> web-designers are so well paid they can afford to holiday two thirds
> of the year. I bet they're  all in Mustique or the Bhamas laying on
> golden  beaches surfing the net on  solid gold, diamond encrusted
> laptops. T1 lines no doubt.
> Anyway, jealousy aside if you know of any other forums please post.
> Thanks.

This forum has been rather idle for quite some time. I prefer to think of it
as a newsgroup which primarily collects spam that we need to mark as "read".
If you have interest in search engines, see:

alt.internet.search-engines

alt.html is decent for HTML-related discussions, but it tends to be hit by a
lot of crossposted junk and it attracts clueless posters from alt.2600 and
Google Groups. One of the smartest groups on this topic is
uk.net.web.authoring and there is also some good, low-volume discussion at
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html. My only problem with the CSS newsgroup
is that it's focused on browser-specific hacks while AWW (Webmaster) is
filled with sarcasm, dialogues and off-topic discussions.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Prevalence does not imply ideali$M
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
 11:55am  up 10 days  4:32,  9 users,  load average: 1.08, 0.69, 0.45