Re: IBM Thinks Linux

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Thursday 23 March 2006 01:38 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Integration of Linux in the whole server line is a new fact to me. This
>> reminds me of an oddity, which I read about this morning: GoDaddy moving
>> their core hosting from Linux to Windows, which they said was financially
>> viable.
>
> Yeah, bribery can do that.

You can bet Microsoft will jump on this exception like a pitbull on a poodle.
They take some of the few 'success stories'/'case studies' (potentially
briberies) and spend many million on embedding these as adverts in many Web
sites, Linux Web sites included. They make it look impartial. Just trust me.
Seen it many times before. Linux should govern similar strategies in return.
The large vendors have budgets.

> BTW here's a link on that I 520:
>
> http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/software/os/
>
> Notice the two bars at the right -- Linux and Windows, and they both
> seem to cut down below the HAL layers to the left.

Of course. How could they not?

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: penguins are the greatest birds
  4:00am  up 14 days 20:37,  8 users,  load average: 0.36, 0.88, 0.83