Re: wow :)

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 05:30:08 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>[...]
> Subverting (Ahem... optimising) search results as a source of pride? See the
> following very recent article:
>
> http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/local/sfl-zcybersearch17mar17,0,559172.story?track=rss

I see that article mentioned the Metropolitan Museum of Art as a paying
customer. Dang, I didn't know they were giving away money. ;-)

Thing is, I remember when a search for them and other museums in my area
usually brought up sites like mine in the top ten. Now you do a search and
you've got plenty of legit non-profit organizations (such as our best
museums) showing up there instead. Which is to say Google's finally come a
long way in providing better results. Although selectively speaking since
unfortunately results like these are no so good across the board.