Re: (News) Kasparov Introduces New Search Engine

__/ [ Who Turned Off The Lights? ] on Thursday 23 March 2006 07:06 \__

> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 05:03:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2998
>> <snip
>> Opinion: I have just tried that search engines, but I will not bother
>> again. It sometimes spews out the results at random order; it's decent for
>> popular phrases though. Still, it's in its early stages, so might be worth
>> keeping an eye on.
>
> Where do their results come from? Or does come from their own store? Their
> results from my angle seem to resemble yahoo a bit. I'm hardly in there,
> but then barely are my biggest competitors. 'and how is it they really
> differentiate between whats a WEB vs. Business vs. News content?
>
> I'm not keen on their SuperTarget feature since as you say it might be much
> too early. Oh but wait, just looked at the Partners Page:
>
> <quote>
> "China Daily Information Company, CDIC
> Minister Zhao Qizheng of the Chinese State Council Information Office
> stated, "My department will support Accoona Corp. efforts to promote
> Chinese Enterprises to do business with companies throughout the World"."
> </quote>
>
> Interesting. Hmmmmm, I do like that logo though. :-)

Seems like a Google copycat. Simplicity. If Google's roots were in the hand
of the investor, it would probably involve a process as such:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=36099539665548298&q=microsoft+ipod

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "No, I didn't buy that from eBay"
  7:30am  up 15 days  0:07,  8 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.28, 0.53