Re: Forbes Columnist: Vista Not 'People Ready'

  • Subject: Re: Forbes Columnist: Vista Not 'People Ready'
  • From: "Rex Ballard" <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 22 Mar 2006 22:46:06 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
And we'll all go to heaven, when the next release comes out!

I think this officially establishes a new record for Microsoft.

They have now been promoting the same version of VaporWare for nearly 4
years now.  When Longhorn was first announced, the the kids who will be
graduating from college when Vista was released, were still in high
school - using free cheap-bytes CDs of Linux or Knoppix.

In 2002, when Microsoft first started announcing Longhorn/Vista, Linux
had every feature that was being promised to be delivered in Longhorn.
Then Microsoft decided to cut some features - Linux had them, but
Microsoft wouldn't have them until the release AFTER Longhorn/Vista
came out - and Longhorn had become a STEER.

By the time the name was changed to Vista, Linux had features that
Microsoft had never announced, and was doing it faster, cheaper, and
more cost-effectively than Microsoft.

This year, over 200 million copies of Firefox were downloaded, and
close to 300 million units were deployed.

This year over 100 million copies of OpenOffice were downloaded and
slightly more were deployed.

OEMs sold fewer than 80 million PCs world-wide - preinstalled with
Windows.

There are now over 50 VMWare Player "Appliances", all Linux powered,
with the possibility of over 100 million deployments of VMWare Player.