Re: Microsoft: Schools Fail to Teach Computing

__/ [ 7 ] on Friday 24 March 2006 19:17 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Schools and colleges are failing the next generation of scientists by
>> | not providing the computer skills they need to do the job, according
>> | to the scientists behind Microsoft Research's 2020 report.
>> `----
>>
>> I will avoid flaming by making the remarks one begs for.
>
> Hmmm...
>
> HANG THE BASTARDS!
> HANG CLIPPY!
> HANG THE BASTARDS!
> HANG CLIPPY!
> HANG THE BASTARDS!
> HANG CLIPPY!

Actually, what I had in mind is the recurring criticism. Namely, schools that
teach students how to use packages like Photoshop and Office. In my
brother's school, they actually taught them ASP in Computer Science classes.
I protested to him, but being just 16 at the time, he was too young to have
his voice count among seniors whose knowledge is bound to nothing but
Windows (and possible an MSCE qualification).