Re: Apology to all for my Netiquette "Sorry"

  • Subject: Re: Apology to all for my Netiquette "Sorry"
  • From: Carol W <from_you@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 14:03:23 -0500
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 18:33:55 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>__/ [ Carol W ] on Saturday 25 March 2006 18:21 \__
>
>> On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 08:35:55 -0500, "canadafred"
>> <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>><lezhewitt67@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>
>>>Cross Posting Removed

[snip]

>Please calm down, Carol. [friendly tone of (electronic) voice]

I am calm :)

What Fred has
>done can be very helpful. It not only indicates that the OP has crossposted
>unethically (which many people fail to spot with headers folded).

To share his sig file in mirrored copies of this thread, too, no doubt
;)

>Fred also
>prevents any followups from echoing 'noise' to other newsgroups. I have seen
>threads that live on for over a month and develop into 'monsters' in dozens
>of newsgroups simultaneously.

Whatever - I still find it lame and find it amazing that this kind of
"service" is suddenly needed in this NG after all these months - as
this isn't the first time this person has responded to a post, just
within the past month or so, just to share nothing more than 'cross
posting removed'. It is not helpful if people do not respond to Fred's
post to comment about the orginal post's contents. *shrug*

I don't mind if he removed cross-posting if he replied to share more
info -  as some people do. But _just_ to respond to repeat all the
spiel/spam (albeit he did edit the URL - but nothing else} to just add
"cross posting removed"? Crossposting may be abused, no argument
there, but crossposting can be helpful in sharing information between
folks too.

Sorry, you may find these kind of posts being helpful and informative
- I don't.

Carol