Re: Multimedia in linux

__/ [ shrini ] on Monday 27 March 2006 12:05 \__

> Friends.
>
> I installed OpenSuse10 in my friends system.
> It has really nice GUI than XP.
>
> So, he admired it well.
>
> Now the problem begins with Multimedia.
> We cant play MP3, VCd or DVD.
>
> Why?
>
> some of my friends told that MP3 and other are patented.
> There are some hacks to paly them in suse.
> we can download the cracked xmms, mplayer to paly all multimedia.
>
> What should i do?
> I know where to download those.
>
> shall i download  them? Is it legal, accepted one?
> or I should not paly multimedia in suse?
>
> Because, i tried PCLinux OS. It palys everything well.
> How it is possible for that?
>
> How you people are playing multimedia in linux?
>
> Thanks.
>
> T.Shrinivasan.

Have a look *here*:

http://waxborg.servepics.com/English/Linux/susemultimedia.en.html

You just need to install the multimedia packages (a job involving a few
clicks).

Please mind thew following: http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

Best wishes.