Re: Keywords in parameters

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:08:17 +0200, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

e.g. http://www.example.com/chrysler-voyager.html

But what's about keywords in parameters:

e.g. http://www.example.com/car.php?xx=chrysler&yy=voyager

Is it the same as http://www.example.com/car.php?carid=123 or better?

Much better.

I did a test last Summer. My URLs are of the form

http://www.bpp.com.pl/?left=dysleksja&right=dysleksja

where left&right are parameter names (not best ones, but it was done before I started to learn SEO and I am not going to change it now).

First version was ?left=dysleksja&right=wprowadzenie - "dysleksja" means dyslexia, "wprowadzenie" means introduction. Page was about #90 IIRC. When URL changed to dysleksja&dysleksja form, page moved up about 20 positions.

Just avoid using id as a name of parameter. At least that's what Matt Cutts posted in his blog.

Best,
Borek
--
http://www.chembuddy.com