Re: Using KNode 0.7.2, Wondering What Else is Out There

__/ [ Blinky the Shark ] on Friday 31 March 2006 18:40 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Blinky the Shark ] on Friday 31 March 2006 05:27 \__

>>> No offense to Roy (who might have come this way because I've spoken
>>> highly of this group in another one; I recommend it frequently), but
>>> that's
>>> always puzzled me, too.  I've always highlighted direct responses to my
>>> posts -- I want to be alerted to replies; I've already read my own posts.
>>> I've come to the conclusion (and this is where my disclaimer applies)
>>> that the urge to highlight one's own posts is 99% of the time made by
>>> folks who never thought and/or don't know how to highlight *replies* to
>>> them.
>>
>> Actually, I came here because a guy in the SuSE newsgroups suggested that
>> I do so. That happened yesterday when a thread diverged to a discussion
>> about newsreaders.
>
> Gotcha.  I've recommended the group in alt.html and alt.www.webmaster,
> and thought you might have come here via those mentions.

Yes, I joined here because a second person recommended it. You were the first
to have pointed in this direction. Sometimes I wonder how many *live*
newsgroups still exist in UseNet, where "live" is dependent upon the
definition.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Florida is bigger than England
  7:45pm  up 23 days  9:30,  10 users,  load average: 1.93, 1.55, 1.13