Re: Windows Status from Dropdown Box

  • Subject: Re: Windows Status from Dropdown Box
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 14:52:48 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
__/ [ mponteres@xxxxxxxxx ] on Wednesday 03 May 2006 03:53 \__

> Hi!
>
> I have a dropdown box and I want to write some text on the IE status
> bar in every item that I select on the dropdown box. By the way, the
> dropdown box content was based on a database.
>
> Hope you might help me.

Create a function as follows:

,----[ JS Code ]
| function add_status()
| {
| window.status = "Hello World"
| }
`----

Now add an argument:

,----[ JS Code ]
| function add_status(string)
| {
| window.status = string
| }
`----

(not tested, so assume syntax to be more like pseudo-code)

>From the drop down menu, use the function to grab the entry (as in manu item)
string and pass it using add_status(menu_item). I believe it doesn't get any
more complex than that.

Hope it helps,

Roy

PS - The JavaScript newsgroup(s) may be more suitable for this question.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | McDonald's does to diet what Microsoft does to PC's
  2:45pm  up 5 days 21:42,  12 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.31, 0.59