Re: The Naked Truth About "Naked PCs"

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> chrisv wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>>> http://schestowitz.com/Amusement/images/dell-linux.jpg
>>>
>>> It's just a GIMP mockup though. *frown*
>>
>> I like the Tux key in place of the Windows key.   8)
>
> To tell you a little secret, it used to be just the sticker. Once I had
> posted the link for you to see I thought "hmmmm... what's that Windows
> logo still doing there?". So, I carried on editing. Key modifier is what
> you might call this. Sloppily changed the name of the model too (it's a
> matter of investing time for more refined results). "Latitude" became
> "Linuxtude", as in "Linux attitude".

With a high bling factor, what about a Harley-Davidson Linux version?  PC
comes in a black leather covered case with chrome studs, raised colourised
H-D logo, chrome mouse and Linux bandana for user.  CPU is air cooled with
chrome fins (no liquid cooling here).  Of course, it would have to use a US
distro like RedHat.  When the GUI opens, it plays a digitised electric
starter churning, then "potato - potato" sound.  It also comes with a 100th
Year Anniversary H-D screen saver.  There is a matching 100th Year
Anniversary Smith & Wesson revolver for the discriminating US owner.

I'm not sure how we'd mimic the oil leaks.   :-)

--
HPT