Re: Strange URl in Google - trailing double slash //

  • Subject: Re: Strange URl in Google - trailing double slash //
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 16:34:22 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ Jez ] on Monday 22 May 2006 15:48 \__

> tonnie wrote:
>
>> Jez wrote:

>>> I have seen other main pages go and come back over the weekend.
>>
>> The page is still in Google Jez!
>>
>> The problem is that the URl changed to a trailing double slahs and
>> therefor the page cann't be found.
>>
>> So, do you have an answer for that?
>>
> No, but I have seen the double slash thing before and thought it could
> be the reason for Big Bill's site dropping in google.
>
> -Bill, have all those double (and treble) slashes gone from your URI's now?

Google ought to have a section in Bugzilla. It will help the users, the
Webmasters, and even Google themselves. Recently, they have been having too
many glitches and bugs. If the Webmasters can assist, I am sure that a few
would contribute a patch. Then again, Google will have to drop that BSD
licence first...

Speaking of bugs, the "site:" bug still stands. A couple of days ago, their
engineer said it would take just a couple of days to fix. And here I am.
Still waiting. Those whose income depends on ranks are growing impatient.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Ping this IP, see if it responds the second time"
  4:30pm  up 24 days 23:09,  11 users,  load average: 1.13, 1.13, 1.04