Re: [News] 35,000 PC's Migrated from Windows XP to Open Source

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Wednesday 31 May 2006 04:00 \__

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/-bb-completes-xp-migration-open-source-/2006/05/30/1662778.htm

> Not bad...but if we get only one of these a year we might take several
> millennia to change every Windows box out.  :-/  There's *millions* of
> them out there.

Stating the obvious, which you already know: It is of course just one story;
A case study if you will. Many are doing the same in stealth, as means of
retaining competitive advantage. Moreover, such trends never exhibit a
linear growth. You look at your adjacent neighbour and see it as an
advertisement. As in graph theory, it's almost exponential.

> (The good news: we get lots of opportunities because of "hardware
> refresh". :-) )

Or lack thereof, owing to Vista. *smile*

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Othello for Win32/Linux: http://othellomaster.com
  6:45am  up 33 days 13:17,  8 users,  load average: 1.26, 1.40, 1.19