Re: FUJI OS is Launched (with Linux Kernel)

__/ [ Rex Ballard ] on Wednesday 31 May 2006 05:36 \__

> It's great to see TurboLinux making appearances in this group.
>
> TurboLinux is very very popular in Asia, especially Japan, Hong Kong,
> and many parts of China.  TurboLinux wase one of the earliest Linux
> implementations to provide clustering as part of the kernel.
>
> For a while it was the third most widely deployed full-function Linux
> distribution.

I thought that its main selling point were the tools for migration from
Windows. I even assumed it was its only merit.  From what I could tell,
Dragon and Red (not Red Hat; http://linux.ece.uci.edu/RED-Linux/ ) were
rather popular in the East. Either way, any type of exposure almost gu-
arantees that the community will receive something in return. There are
OSDL staff in Japan and a Linux testing lab in China, among many more.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  6:40am  up 33 days 13:12,  8 users,  load average: 3.38, 1.61, 1.17