Re: The 8-Hour Sleep Myth

__/ [ Simon Templar ] on Saturday 27 May 2006 14:01 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>>  From http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/healthnews.php?newsid=43973
>>>
>>> Sleep More Important Than Diet For Weight Control
>>>
>>> What constitutes a good night's sleep? For this study, the researchers
>>> observed the effect sleeping five or fewer hours regularly has on a
>>> woman's weight over the medium and long term. They compared them to
>>> women who managed to regularly get 7 hours' sleep each night.
>>
>> That's quite surprising. I would have thought that, since sleep requires
>> less energy (reduced heart pulse rate), this would actually have the
>> adverse effect. According to this study, lack of sleep leads to weight
>> gain...
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Roy
>
> Not surprising to me at all, personal experience over the years has
> proved to me sleep deprivation causes many health problems.

I'd better become more careful then. I wonder what statistics show. I heard
some argument in opposition of excessive sleep. Deprivation from anything is
probably a bad idea...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "This sig seemed like a good idea at the time..."
  3:25am  up 31 days  9:57,  8 users,  load average: 0.73, 1.02, 0.70