Re: [News] Ubuntu 6.06 Release Candidate Out, Screenshots Available

Roy Schestowitz wrote in <2253034.6RNqxWxZSM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on Sat, May 27
2006 05:39:

> __/ [ Michael B. Trausch ] on Friday 26 May 2006 22:50 \__
>>
>> I have been using Kubuntu Dapper since one of the early Flight releases.
>> I've been *quite* happy with it.  It does not get in the way of me
>> getting
>> my work done.  Really the only thing I would like it to do is entertain
>> my three month old while I'm working, though I suspect that is not to be
>> part
>> of the feature-set anytime soon.  ;-)
>
> Why not Edubuntu? It is, to some extent, intended for children (or
> student/academics of course). You can already order Edubuntu with Shipit.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Roy

Well, probably because he can't even grab his toys well yet, let alone do
anything with a keyboard and mouse.  ;-)

Right now, if he sees a keyboard, mouse, or anything that isn't a toy, he
decides that it's a punching bag, and goes all out on it.  And really, he
packs quite a punch.  However, as he gets to be better about things, I will
probably put Edubuntu on one of the systems here for him to use.

        - Mike

--
Registered Linux User #417338, machine #325045.

A bad case of cranial intrusion into the rectal cavity.