[News] Cringely: Microsoft to Grab Linux Kernel

Divide and Conquer: The Microsoft/Novell deal is more about disruption than
cooperation.

,----[ Quote ]
| "The grandest manifestation of this strategy would be to decouple
| Windows from its kernel and somehow pop the API and other bits right
| over onto Linux, assuming that would somehow make the product
| more competitive."
`----

http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2006/pulpit_20061110_001188.html

Reminds me of wild advice/speculation that Microsft should pick and compine
Linux/BSD with WinE and run its applications on a proper kernel. Could Mono
be a bridge? Oracle and Microsoft and Oracle attempt to change the rules of
a game that they are clearly set to lose.