Re: Why Are Linux Users Afraid OF Vista? What's all this [News] stuff?

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 11:22:46 -0500, Uday Shankar wrote:

> It looks like the Linux community at large has ramped up the attack on
> Microsoft full bore as the release date for Vista looms closer. Why all of
> these [News] messages that mostly seem to be attacks on Microsoft instead
> of good. solid Linux advocacy? In fact, why all the [News] messages in the
> first place? I check my hat in comp.os.linux.advocacy on occasion, but it
> is getting so difficult because of these [News] posts, to read any decent
> Linux advocacy discussion I no longer look here for information. Because I
> must do this via Google Groups when I am at work, it makes wading through
> all of these [News] and Microsoft hate message all the more tiresome. So
> why does everyone see the need to attack Microsoft and worse, Vista which
> isn't even released yet.
> It just makes you look the fool and obviously very worried about the
> release of Vista and what impact it might have on the future of Linux.
> Uday Shankar

Why Are Linux Users Afraid OF Vista?; they aren't

What's all this [News] stuff?: ... posts from someone that obviously feels
they are news and interesting.

Why was this cross-posted to alt.online-service.webtv and
comp.sys.mac.advocacy?

--
Rick