Why Are Linux Users Afraid OF Vista? What's all this [News] stuff?

It looks like the Linux community at large has ramped up the attack on
Microsoft full bore as the release date for Vista looms closer.
Why all of these [News] messages that mostly seem to be attacks on
Microsoft instead of good. solid Linux advocacy? In fact, why all the
[News] messages in the first place? I check my hat in
comp.os.linux.advocacy on occasion, but it is getting so difficult because
of these [News] posts, to read any decent Linux advocacy discussion I no
longer look here for information. Because I must do this via Google Groups
when I am at work, it makes wading through all of these [News] and
Microsoft hate message all the more tiresome.
So why does everyone see the need to attack Microsoft and worse, Vista
which isn't even released yet.
It just makes you look the fool and obviously very worried about the
release of Vista and what impact it might have on the future of Linux.
Uday Shankar