Re: Why Are Linux Users Afraid OF Vista? What's all this [News] stuff?

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 11:22:46 -0500, Uday Shankar wrote:

> It looks like the Linux community at large has ramped up the attack on
> Microsoft full bore as the release date for Vista looms closer.
> Why all of these [News] messages that mostly seem to be attacks on
> Microsoft instead of good. solid Linux advocacy? In fact, why all the
> [News] messages in the first place? I check my hat in
> comp.os.linux.advocacy on occasion, but it is getting so difficult because
> of these [News] posts, to read any decent Linux advocacy discussion I no
> longer look here for information. Because I must do this via Google Groups
> when I am at work, it makes wading through all of these [News] and
> Microsoft hate message all the more tiresome.
> So why does everyone see the need to attack Microsoft and worse, Vista
> which isn't even released yet.
> It just makes you look the fool and obviously very worried about the
> release of Vista and what impact it might have on the future of Linux.
> Uday Shankar

I, for one, have no 'fear' of Vista at all. If and when it is released, it
won't make an iota of difference for me. I can only conclude from the fact
that YOU are posting HERE that you are more afraid of Vista failing than
we are of it succeeding!