Re: Longhorn as mainframe and Unix killer ..

  • Subject: Re: Longhorn as mainframe and Unix killer ..
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:19:30 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Ian Hilliard ] on Wednesday 15 November 2006 18:02 \__

http://www.itpro.co.uk/news/97964/microsoft-chief-positions-longhorn-as-mainframe-and-unix-killer.html

> The term is "Wishful Thinking". The truth is rather different.

NT better UNIXn than UNIX? Lo and behold. It's still around.

I particularly like the fact that they mention UNIX but not GNU/Linux.

Is Free Software the future of India? Steve Ballmer CEO of Microsoft
answers...

,----[ Quote ]
| Taking care not to use the word(s) "Free software", Mr Ballmer
| conceded that a number of revenue streams including those by
| selling hardware, internet connectivity and software are important.
| He went on to say, "As rich and good be bridging the digital divide,
| software companies should look forward to three or four sources of
| income. Many revenues for software companies will come from not any
| one thing but will include subscription fees, lower cost hardware,
| advertising and of course traditional transaction (read
| proprietary software)". He does agree that "prices must come
| down" though it was plain to see him take care not to use the word
| "FREE" in his answer.
`----

http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2006/11/is-free-software-future-of-india-steve.html

Notice the fact that the show was /ABOUT/ /FREE/ /SOFTWARE/.

Linux: that thing Microsoft spend $billions on hiding.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Play Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
Cpu(s):  19.6% user,   2.6% system,   1.1% nice,  76.7% idle