Re: [News] Ext4 Filesystem Released

__/ [ alt ] on Wednesday 11 October 2006 06:04 \__

http://www.kr.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.19-rc1/2.6.19-rc1-mm1/announce.txt
>> http://tinyurl.com/pknj8
>>
>> In other news, Hans Reiser has been arrested
>
> That's really sad that things may have deteriorated that far.

It is. He was accused of the worst of all crimes. I hope his colleagues will
carry on the word that he start without being demotivated. Maybe the project
can be renamed to remove the negative aura.

>> and SUSE will no longer use
>> that filesystem by default (it has several deficiencies).
>
> And I doubt that SuSe's cessation of using ReiserFS has nothing to do with
> Hans' personal situation.

True. At the time of the announcement they need to be politically-correct, so
to speak. The few who dared to mention Hans' personal life were snapped at.

>> Meanwhile, on
>> the other side of the fence, WinFS was dropped like a stone.
>
> More like a boulder.

Or even a chair...

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/Q4.06/2E6D9BB2-FE1B-4556-8389-67BD581FBCCC_files/money.to.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Lucovsky

,----[ Quote ]
| Mark Lucovsky has stated that Steve Ballmer picked up a chair and threw
| it across the room, hitting a table in his office, on hearing that he
| (Lucovsky) was about to leave Microsoft for Google. Lucovsky also
| described Ballmer as saying: "Fucking Eric Schmidt is a fucking pussy.
| I'm going to fucking bury that guy, I have done it before, and I will
| do it again. I'm going to fucking kill Google," then resumed trying
| to persuade Lucovsky to stay at Microsoft. Ballmer has described this
| as a "gross exaggeration of what actually took place."
`----

I am only citing this in order to demonstrate that character needn't reflect
on an entire community that's associative.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "World ends in five minutes - please log out"
         run-level 5  Sep 28 23:16                   last=S