Re: [News] Britain to Launch Open Source Policy Institute

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> UK to get national open source policy institute
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | A national open source software policy institute is
> | to be opened in the UK to help aid development and
> | standards.
> |
> | The National Open Centre (NOC) is to be opened in
> | January 2007in Birmingham and the official launch
> | will take place at the House of Commons.
> `----
>
> http://www.computerweekly.com/Feeds/RS/Articles/2006/10/25/219387/UK+t
+get+national+open+source+policy+institute.htm
> http://tinyurl.com/v4r2w
>
> Only recently it was the entire European Union.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!
Don't trust a word of it!!!!!
Its written in a language all too familiar.

I would advise staying clear of it until it is
confirmed that policy institute is run by known
open source proponents ONLY for the benefits
of open source community and excludes
closed source vendor involvement or 'sharing'
(more like thieving) of information and opportunities.

Very likely its run by government propellor heads
hired by closed source vendors to identify and then
diminsh open source.

You have been warned.