Re: Ping Roy S: firefox tabbrowser extensions

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 06 September 2006 18:07 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 06 September 2006 14:24 \__
>>
>>> Roy,
>>>
>>> You asked some while back about the tabbrowser extensions for Firefox.
>>>
>>> Here is the URL:
>>>
>>> http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/tabextensions/
>>>
>>> It's heavyweight stuff - many people think it should be broken into
>>> smaller pieces, but personally I rather like it the way it is.
>>
>> Ta muchly! The site appears to be down at the moment. No Google cache
>> either. I'll happily replace the two tabbed browsing extension that I have
>> if the one above has multi-row support. Something tells me that Opera had
>> the ability to lay tabs vertically on the side, pretty much like History,
>> but with all pages active in memory (fast), rather than in browser cache
>> (slow).
>
> If you go to the firefox extensions site, you can find this from there,
> as well.  Or just go to piro.sakura.ne.jp and navigate in.  It was
> working this morning...
>
> You can put your tabs pretty much werever you like, I think...  the tree
> format is the best by far, though.

Oh. My. Dog. What a brilliant extension. And so many features. It's like
being a kid in a candy store again. One of my older extensions was nearly as
powerful, but it still had space constraints. My only pet peeve is to do
with the fact that this new extension doesn't play nice with the theme I
created for Firefox last year. The graphics are blocky in places and text
colours blend in a way that makes the text illegible. I'll figure out a way
around it. It is , after all, highly customisable. And I have the source
code. *grin*

Many thanks,

Can Mac OS X and Vista catch up? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYjv0S_k0xo
roy      pts/3        cg001a.halls.man Tue Sep  5 19:06   still logged in