[News] Windows Server -- SPAM Cannon

A third of dodgy emails are phishing attacks

,----[ Quote ]
| Trojan attacks, many targeting the MS06-040 vulnerability in Windows
| Server services, were also commonplace. For example, a Russian spammer
| was able to exploit unpatched servers using the infamous Pro Mailer DMS
| spam software and its advanced "spam-cannon" technique. This technique,
| which employs a powerful mail-merge of addresses with preset spam
| templates, enables the spammer to maximise throughput and distribute
| millions of junk mail messages per hour through a single compromised
| computer.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/05/august_malware_report/

The Exchange server that's only 10 feet away from me got whacked as well. The
visrus even devoured the AV software. What a disaster Microsoft servers
are... luckily, I run away from that server 2 years ago.