Re: [News] Microsoft's Evil Plan to Threaten EU Proves That Extortion Works

  • Subject: Re: [News] Microsoft's Evil Plan to Threaten EU Proves That Extortion Works
  • From: Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:55:56 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ 7 ] on Saturday 09 September 2006 02:29 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> MEPs complain of Microsoft hounding
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.techworld.com/applications/news
>> index.cfm?newsID=6814&pagtype=samechan
>>>

>>> For context:
>>>
>>> "Microsoft Threatens Vista Delay Amid Dispute With EU Regulators"
>>>
>>>                         -- The Wall Street Journal Online, yesterday
>>

>> Hmmm...
>>
>> It may be necessary to have these MEPs probed to see if there
>> some kind of financial tie in between them and micoshaft
>> or their lobby arms.
>>
>> Its unusual for EU politicians to be doing similar
>> things to amerikkkan politicians who in the past are known to take
>> money to speak on behalf of big business which is invariably
>> a distorted and corrupt message because of the tie in with money.
>
> The above was accessible only with a (paid)subscription to the WSJ. Here is
> one which gives more details.
>
> Vista letter MEPs back local delicacies
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34261
>
> The Inquirer is down at this very moment, so all I can see is the excerpt in
> my feed reader:
>
> "IT SEEMS that the three MEPs from the UK angry with European regulators over
> its treatment of Microsoft don?t mind the odd bit of interventionism where
> it suits them."
>
> ...Could indeed be, as you suggest, Microsoft sock puppets. I have
> noticed--and therefore assume--that they have had removed the leaked
> Microsoft UK training video (The Office cast). I can't seem to find it.
> Distrubing evidence... politics and tricks that drive business. Nepotism
> culture.

There are definitely ties - one of them met Ballmer, recently, for
example.

I posted a note saying that this would happen only a few days ago...
wonder if I can find it.

Although golf was originally restricted to wealthy, overweight Protestants,
today it's open to anybody who owns hideous clothing.
		-- Dave Barry