Re: [News] XP Desktop Environment (XPDE) for Linux

__/ [ Jim ] on Monday 25 September 2006 19:22 \__

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/presskits/windowsvista/images/image023.jpg

>> apparently suggests one can change this icon as well; the given
>> screenshot shows a goldfish.
>>
>> (The purpose thereof is lost on me personally.)

> hmmm. Goldfish is a credit card. Credit cards introduce a temptation to
> spend money one doesn't have. Microsoft XP is a money pit. Do the math. :)

See the annotation next to Ultimate features.

http://www.schestowitz.com/Amusement/images/windows-vista-basic.png

Money can be squeezed out of the user using: MSN Messenger ads, Office
licence, O/S 'upgrades' (read: unlocking features that are already on the
DVD), links to Live services and the MSN homepage, encouraging an addiction
to applications (patented and copyrighted), locking of data in proprietary
formats (e.g. E-mail)...

This gives a whole new meaning to 'software donations' that involve Windows
licences, doesn't it?

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows O/S: chmod a-x internet; kill -9 internet
roy      pts/7                         Mon Sep 25 19:06   still logged in