[News] Another Microsoft MVP Angry at Microsoft, Vista

Scott Bellware [MVP]: Microsoft is No Longer Software Company...

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft simply isn't in the business of making software anymore.
| It's only in the business of being in business.  Pretending to be
| a software company is just a front.
|
| Oh to be president of the board for just one day...
|
| I'm trying to get a free PDF printer installed on Vista...
| What was I thinking?  Everyone knows that this kind of functionality
| is only available in some distant future science fiction version of
| Vista... or Windows XP.  I think I'm about to become a lover of
| antiques... or Macs.
`----

http://codebetter.com/blogs/scott.bellware/archive/2007/04/17/161949.aspx

I think the 'Men in Black' story shows us that Microsoft has become a
movement, a religion.

Related (from MS-MVPs, some of whom try Linux):

Microsoft pressures testers after software leak

,----[ Quote ]
| Beares apologized for having to punish all MPVs with the name
| "Richard" by withholding the CTP, and said if the person who
| posted the release "comes clean," he may "have some discretion
| as to what actions I take."
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20070413/tc_infoworld/87649

Vista backlash grows; key advocate moves back to XP

,----[ Quote ]
| Chris Pirillo just broke up with Windows Vista, saying, "The shipping
| version of this OS is late beta, at best."
|
| Jason Busch did the same: "It's an absolute travesty that
| Microsoft would have released such a half-baked product."
`----

http://gracefulflavor.net/2007/03/06/vista-backlash-grows-key-advocate-moves-back-to-xp/
http://tinyurl.com/2ldrbe

Windows Vista Tips And Tricks

,----[ Quote ]
| Given that many of us have been using Windows XP for the past few
| years, the move to Windows Vista will not come easy. Far too many
| details have changed in the new operating system - and I'm
| discovering many of them first-hand, as I started to migrate
| my primary system to Vista late last night.
`----

http://www.lockergnome.com/nexus/windows/2007/01/18/windows-vista-tips-and-tricks/

Vista's UI is Better Than This!?

,----[ Quote ]
| Watch and drool. By the way, you can try this on your own PC right now!
| I'm not yet sure how to unlock every one of these visual effects, but
| damn - XGL is impressive...
`----

http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/09/06/vistas-ui-is-better-than-this/

Vista Will Double Apple's Market Share

,----[ Quote ]
| Remember how you felt when you saw "The Phantom Menace" for the first time?
| I was overwhelmingly disappointed. That's exactly how Windows Vista RC1
| makes  me feel, and that's not very likely to change between now and when
| the OS goes gold. Before now, there wasn't a viable "Google" or "Firefox"
| for the Windows platform. Between Apple's Boot Camp and Parallels, you're
| going to have to make a strong argument to keep people from finally
| making the switch. And you wanna know the worst part of this
| entire situation?
|
| Microsoft, in each and every instance, has been its own worst enemy.
`----

http://www.computerpoweruser.com/editorial/article.asp?article=articles/archive/c0611/44c11/44c11.asp&guid=8CF5E5CB35CB42E1857F6F42970E2A2C
http://tinyurl.com/ya7x59

Not interested in Vista part 2