[News] Google and Trolltech Give Boost to Open Source Development

Contest promotes open Linux phones

,----[ Quote ]
| Trolltech will give away dozens of hacker-friendly Linux phones to
| winners of a mobile phone software programming contest launched
| today. The "Qtopia Greenphone Developer Challenge" will also pay
| two winners $5,000 each, and fly them to Trolltech's "Developer
| Days" event.

Google Summer Camp Takes More Coders

| In 2006, Google spent just over $3 million on the Summer of Code with
| 630 students. With over 900 students this year, Google will be pumping
| over $4.5 million into the endeavor.

A few founders whose company was acquired by Google have just left and it
made some waves.

I apologise for posting so much today. There's a helluva lot more dirt an
Windows that I skip as a result of being shy to post too much. If you don't
mind the pace, please say something...