[News] ATI Still Hinders and Sets Back Linux Eye Candy

An Outcry For Improved ATI Linux Drivers

,----[ Quote ]
| At a glance, I had the following problems with the fglrx
| driver:
|
| - Cards run hotter and noisier than windows.
| - OpenGL performance is slow.
| - Some overlay modes are missing from X Video implementation.
| - X-Video implementation is not stable.
| - Some popular extensions, required functionality is missing.
| - Distribution specific packaging issues.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=683&num=1

The reason (or one among them) why Ubuntu does not come with Beryl enabled by
default is ATI's poor drivers.

Beryl Rocks!

,----[ Quote ]
`----