[News] [SOT] Dell and WIntel Face More Legal Troubles

North Carolina residents still want their $280m back from Dell

,----[ Quote ]
| The NCICL also plans to butt heads with Google, which received a
| $90m incentive package to build a data center in the state. Google
| was awarded a 100 per cent personal property tax break and an 80 per
| cent cut on real estate taxes for the next three decades.
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/04/26/nc_taxpayers_want_backsies_on_dell_incentives/
http://tinyurl.com/348yj9

AMD writes to court complaining about Intel

,----[ Quote ]
| Chip firm AMD sent a letter to special master Vince Poppiti pointing
| out three dozen reporters cover its antitrust case against Intel and
| saying it's been careful whereas Chipzilla has been spinning like a top.

Dell accounting probe finds possible 'misconduct'

,----[ Quote ]
| Last year analyst firm Friedman Billings Ramsey criticized the
| way Dell accounted for warranties, saying the company used an
| "unusual" method for accounting for the money it takes in from
| warranty sales and the money it reserves to handle expected
| warranty claims.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6171818.html

Investors sue Dell on payments from Intel: WSJ

,----[ Quote ]
| An investor lawsuit seeking class-action status accuses Dell Inc. of
| improper accounting in its relationship with chip giant Intel,
| according to a media report published Thursday evening.
|
| [...]
|
| The suit alleges that Dell received at times as much as $1 billion
| a year in "secret and likely illegal" kickbacks in the form of
| "e-Cap" or "exception to corporate average pricing" payments"
| from Intel to ensure that Dell used no other chip supplier,
| according to The Journal.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/investors-sue-dell-payments-intel/story.aspx?guid=%7B400315B0%2DE375%2D4920%2DB300%2D784220BEFE35%7D&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo

Intel Has Plan to Restore Lost Documents

,----[ Quote ]
| Intel Corp. on Tuesday said it came up with a plan to restore
| documents destroyed as the company braced for massive antitrust
| litigation, saying it "regrets the lapse in its retention practices."
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070424/intel_amd_suit.html?.v=1

Intel's market share rises on AMD's problems

,----[ Quote ]
| Intel gained back some chip market share on the heels of
| Advanced Micro Devices' abysmal first quarter.
`----

http://news.com.com/2100-1006_3-6178921.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

A Forensic Accountant's Winners and Losers from Pending Litigation

,----[ Quote ]
| Intel Corp. failed to preserve key documents and now faces pressure from
| Advanced Micro Devices Inc.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070325/30615_id.html?.v=2

AMD: Intel Destroyed Evidence in Antitrust Case

,----[ Quote ]
| In an unpublished statement to the U.S. District Court of Delaware,
| AMD alleges Intel allowed the destruction of evidence in pending
| antitrust litigation.

James Allchin

'---[ Quote ]
| In May 2004, Judge J. Frederick Motz ordered Microsoft to
| investigate Burst.com's claim that, in 2000, Allchin ordered
| Microsoft employees to destroy email after 30 days and not to
| archive their email, suggesting that this deletion policy
| might be an effort to eliminate material that would later be
| damaging in court. This case was settled out of court in March
| 2005, with Microsoft agreeing to pay Burst.com $60 million
| for nonexclusive rights to Burst.com's media player software.
`----

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Allchin

So That's How Dell Did It?

,----[ Quote ]
| One billion dollars is one heck of a bribe. But if a class-action
| lawsuit filed by the firm of legendary shareholder plaintiff's
| lawyer Bill Lerach is accurate, that's what Intel
| routinely paid Dell to keep away from the chips
| of Advanced Micro Devices.
|
| The 251-page complaint alleges that Dell misrepresented the
| state of its business by, among other things, failing to
| properly account for and disclose kickbacks from Intel.
`----

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2007/02/16/so-thats-how-dell-did-it.aspx?source=eptyholnk303100&logvisit=y&npu=y
http://tinyurl.com/ys5p2b

Video: Henri Richard comes out swinging at Intel during AMD press conference

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Berlind/?p=363

`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/investors-sue-dell-payments-intel/story.aspx?guid=%7B400315B0%2DE375%2D4920%2DB300%2D784220BEFE35%7D&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo

Lenovo got financial help from Intel, claim

,----[ Quote ]
| Journalists on the title said Lenovo is being paid a "pretty
| penny" from Intel to use its chips.

EU antitrust experts seek charges vs Intel-source

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20070117:MTFH01539_2007-01-17_10-23-02_BRU005303&type=comktNews&rpc=44