Re: Poll Proves That Less is Sometimes More -- Vi Most Poplar Editor

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 08 August 2007 10:40 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 07 August 2007 17:42 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Isn't the idea of just learning from books more than a little dated?
>>> I've nothing against books, I have over 2,000 of them in my house, but
>>> they're certainly not the /only/ way to learn.
>>>
>>> OLPC XO is, well, a sure alternative, I would say?
>>
>> I've lives virtually paperless for the past 4 years (unless someone insists
            ^d
>> on giving me sheets of paper, which I later scan and throw away).
>
> Umm, don't you worry about a power-cut or something like that?

No, digital storage is safer. I have backup cron jobs and redundancy on 3
separate devices/PCs.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Gas, brake, honk! Honk, honk, punch! Gas, gas!
Swap:  1510068k total,   368012k used,  1142056k free,   100292k cached