Re: [News] Palm Finds a Linux That it Likes, Linux-based 'Laptop Killer' Coming This Summer

Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> The Nokia 800 has vnc clients and servers, as well as telnet client, ssh
>>> clients & servers, so it has all that flexibility.
>>
>> The size of the screen and keyboard remain an issue (productivity wise), which
>> is why Foleo is a brilliant device with great potential.
>>

> I use a bluetooth keyboard with my N800 which is normal sized when
> opened up, and seems to work very well.
>
> I don't find the screen size a huge issue, since I use it in order to be
> highly mobile, so having a smaller size is good.

Thanks for that explanation. I hope everyone here can keep up with your
"intelligent debate".

> That said, I'm sure there's room in the market for slightly larger
> devices, too.

Uh huh. Like the millions that already exist?

> Looking at the space next to me, there's an old Z88 Sinclair laptop, a
> Psion 2; an Osaris (Psion) 4, Psion 5MX, a couple of old Toshiba Pentium
> 1 75MHz laptops, a Nokia N770 and a Nokia N800.
>
> It's like a shrine to portable computing!
>
> I've also got an older Rockwell PR100 calculator - one of the earliest
> progammable ones, and I used to have a sinclair programmable with the
> purple display, but that disappeared long ago.  I have an HP28S, though,
> too.

And this has what to do with Linux? You are Off Topic. Please go and
report yourself to your own ISP.

> The Windows era resulted in the fewest number of alternative devices
> there ever was, but as we come out of that, we can see the huge amount

Stats please? Garbage as usual.

> of suppressed demand, suppressed by the Microsoft lock-in.  The standard
> question used to be "does it work with windows", meaning, can I put the
> Microsoft proprietary stuff onto it.

I'm sure I have no idea what rubbish you are spouting now.