Re: [News] The "Fake Steve Jobs" Blogger Busted, Turns Out to Be Forbes' Microsoft Shill (Dan Lyons)

> ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 07 August 2007 17:48 : \____

>>> ____/ 7 on Monday 06 August 2007 22:16 : \____

>>> I wonder if somebody will sue. If you know Daniel Lyons and his history
>>> (never mind his anti-Linus posts in this blog), then there's a strong case.
>>> The guy is an Editor at Forbes, mind you (not very active recently), and the
>>> agenda of that publication shows. Lyons, much like Forbes, is nothing but a
>>> Microsoft shill (and probably a shill for other corporate agandae).
>>>

>> I think it does illustrate something which has become very clear here
>> over the last year or so during which we've been having News postings
>> and Digests, that Forbes are very very much pro-Microsoft.
>>
>> The News and Digests have thrown up all kinds of interesting trends,
>> once the information is gathered together and shown in the right way.
>> Clearly, a lot of corporate interests have been relying on hiding these
>> kinds of things, or relying on the news 'dieing down', but it doesn't
>> need to, if interested people are willing to keep the flag flying.
>
> And to think that Forbes still premits this man to cover Linux stories.
>
> Do you know what headline he used on November 2nd (Microsoft/Novell deal)?
>
> "Microsoft Linux"

To be fair, this is probably something many of us would agree with,
though, isn't it?  We all know that Microsoft must lose the battle
against open-source;  the economics make it inevitable.  They are left
with simple choices, do they join in, or leave the game entirely?