Re: [News] Company Abandons Pseudo-Open Source Licence

> Well, he works at Lispire now and he has not uttered a single word
> since Linspire signed the deal with Microsoft. He has been eerily
> quiet.

I think he said more than enough on the day he made his melodramatic
exit from Fedora, then blogged about it all over the Interweb.

And the reasons?

1. Fedora wasn't "proprietary" enough for him, apparently. He seems to
   think that encumbered and proprietary software is wonderful, and he
   can't live without it.
2. He deliberately deleted an essential component of RPM, then wondered
   why it wouldn't work, then tried and failed to fix it (shocking for a
   man of his supposed experience). Hint - he could've just downloaded
   the RPM package then used "rpm2cpio RPM_file | cpio -idv", but
   apparently that was too difficult for him, so he gave up and stormed
   out.
3. Linspire had recently moved to using the Ubuntu tree, and he thinks
   the best way to support his new-found friends is to chastise,
   denigrate and humiliate his old ones. Such is the workings of a mind
   fixated on the reprehensible methods used in the business world.

> I wonder if Carmony and the "Sunshine Boys" (as some call them) are
> sharing that wad of cash ($20 million apparently) which they received
> from Microsoft.

They've probably pissed it all away on Vista licenses for the office,
assuming $20 million is enough to cover it.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Computer games don’t affect kids, I mean if Pac man affected us as
| kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills
| and listening to repetitive music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7
 23:59:04 up 4 days,  9:14,  2 users,  load average: 0.32, 0.31, 0.35