Re: Boycott Novell

____/ Peter Köhlmann on Friday 17 August 2007 07:44 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Thursday 16 August 2007 16:10 : \____

>>> Not that I've noticed
>>
>> You separated the sentence, so it is seen out of context. It gets worse
>> from a legal point of view.

>>            ^s

>>> Actually, it is bullshit
>>
>> Be specific. Which of the claims is "bullshit"?
>
> "It become .NET-dependent and the changes are pushed..." is bollocks, for
> example

Okay, so here's an actual debate and I beg to differ. Novell has said that it
has big plans for .NET (Mono) and a lot of GNOME is now using Mono packages
and apparently depends on them. [H]omer did some tests to confirm this. It
even affects Fedora and Red Hat promised that it would not use Mono.

> "Microsoft is playing Novell like a marionette" is a very "artistic"
> interpretation of what is going on

True, but watch what they did with OOXML. The written deal mandates it.

>> By coincidence, I posted
>> this < http://boycottnovell.com/2007/08/16/knowledge-about-novell/ >
>
> So you think that something like "boycottnovell.com" is unbiased, the pure,
> unadultered truth?
> It is pure, unadultered zealotry in my eyes.

Because of the domain name? It was no my choice. Look beyond the name.

>> just
>> a couple of hours ago and I now realise that it also covers your
>> unspecific claim that this is "bullshit". Tell me /where/ the arguments
>> are wrong.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Oracle: Linux adoption to accelerate
Cpu(s): 28.6%us,  4.9%sy,  1.0%ni, 60.3%id,  4.7%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st