Re: [News] What Will the Ultimate Linux Handheld Be?

____/ Kier on Sunday 12 August 2007 17:52 : \____

> On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 15:44:53 +0000, waterskidoo wrote:

                   ^a

>>> Operating systems cannot be 'evil'.

I was exaggerating for dramatic effect. Actually, Stallman gets told off for
calling proprietary software "evil". In years to come, with O/Ses that scan
your /local/ files for advertisers, there will be an element of intrusion,
which some perceive as evil.

>> Wasn't HAL pretty nasty?
>> Or those computers in various Star Trek episodes?
>> Technically hardware, but the software was what made them tick.
>> haha!
>
> Ah, but they were sentient ;-)

Maybe HAL wasn't proprietary. Maybe it had Tivoization in place though.

Fetch SPAM quicker than you can type 'crond start'