Re: Trolls having a hard time with Linux

____/ mike3 on Sunday 26 August 2007 23:30 : \____

> On Aug 21, 6:18 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> ____/ BearItAll on Tuesday 21 August 2007 16:42 : \____
> <snip>
>> The EULA, much like the Big Lie-type propaganda, are either banned or have
>> no legal basis in the UK. It is rather sad to see that products can be built
>> with fences (against information) and then be backed by disinformation.
>>

> What's "Big Lie"-type propaganda? Bush's war in Iraq?!

Putting aside the origin of the term (Godwin's Law is at risk of being
approached), the idea is that if you repeat an argument many times and use
many different source/people to make it, people will be forced to believe that
it's true, even if it's a total lie. The WoMD thing is a good example indeed,
knowing what we know today.

> Interesting. Does this mean that if I was in the UK, I could go and
> install Windows *legally* on every single frigging PC I owned
> from *one* CD?

No. The same goes for Linspire, which is a company that mimics that Microsoft
model and exploits work done by Debian and Ubuntu developers. It also mocks
those very same developers, calling them "high-brow pirates".

Roy S. Schestowitz     \ Spread Mozilla Firefox.
http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/
 05:20:03 up 20 days,  8:13,  5 users,  load average: 1.87, 2.63, 2.00