[News] [SOT] RIAA Uses Propaganda Terms, Takes Control of University Network

  • Subject: [News] [SOT] RIAA Uses Propaganda Terms, Takes Control of University Network
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:42:26 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
RIAA Cannot Spy on Our Students Says Oregon Attorney General

,----[ Quote ]
| An RIAA spokesperson responded with indignation, accusing the University of
| protecting a wave of piracy. The Association now says that student pirates
| need to be stopped for their own good, lest they accidentally put files like
| their bank records and tax info into the folders they share on P2P services.
`----

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/riaa_cannot_spy.php

"Pirates", "piracy", and some obligatory FUD as well. It's 'impossible' to
share things legally. Everything on people's drives belongs to Hollywood.

Related:

Grandmother targets RIAA ‘investigators’

,----[ Quote ]
| Taking a page out of Tanya Andersen’s book, Hurricane Rita survivor
| Rhonda Crain is also targeting the RIAA practice of using
| unlicensed ‘investigators’ in its bizarre sue ‘em all marketing
| campaign.
`----

http://www.p2pnet.net/story/12674

An Oregon Woman's Lawsuit against the RIAA, Alleging Racketeering and Malicious
Prosecution

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://writ.news.findlaw.com/ramasastry/20070628.html