Re: [News] Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> DFS <nospam@xxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:

>> Didja stop to consider I just don't like Linux/OSS software?  And
>> the lying "advocates" that accompany Linux are very tiresome.
>
> As opposed to the lying wintrolls like you, y'mean?
> Still not bothered to actually paste any of these lies here, have you?

7: Linux is 50x faster than Windows
OldTech: Linux is 50x faster than Windows
Rex Ballard: Sun got my Dow work product, altered it "a bit" and released it
as Java
Roy Schestowitz: 90% of IT professionals reject Vista
Roy Schestowitz: Venezuela is going 100% OSS by End of Year [2006].
[H]omer Jan 2003: "Half of Europe has just dumped Windows."
Bailo Oct 2004: MS is failing badly
Kelsey Bjarnason mid-2004: you can do 'whatever you want' with Linux on a
486 computer
Everybody Eat Some Borsht: children with AIDS suffer from Microsoft Patent
policies
CEO of Alfresco: Microsoft regrets the patent deal tactics it used with
Novell, Linspire and Xandros.

>> * SQL Server Developer Edition is $45
>
> Why pay $45 when you can mysql or postgres for free?
> Hmmm?

ROFL!

You don't have to be cheap and ignorant, you know.

> They can do anything an average user might want.

Except enjoy using advanced database software with lots of cool features,
and excellent analysis and reporting tools.

> Hell, even google uses mysql.

They use Linux, too.  'Nuff said.