[News] Companies Renamed But Maintain Linux Ties, OpenVZ Has New Version

  • Subject: [News] Companies Renamed But Maintain Linux Ties, OpenVZ Has New Version
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 09:06:24 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
CentricCRM Reinvents Itself as Concursive

,----[ Quote ]
| In short, the company didn't want to be limited by the CRM name anymore, said
| Harvey.

SWsoft renames itself Parallels

,----[ Quote ]
| For Linux, it's based on the open-source OpenVZ technology, but Virtuozzo
| also is available for Windows.
`----

http://www.news.com/underexposed/8301-13580_3-9832395-39.html

OpenVZ Project Pushes Technology Boundaries By Combining Different Types of
Open Source Virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
| The OpenVZ project announced that using its open source virtualization
| software in combination with virtual machine open source Xen software, users
| can effectively create many virtual servers to improve utilization of the
| physical server.
`----

http://www.pr-usa.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=50126&Itemid=9

Related:

User pressure leads SugarCRM to adopt GPLv3

,----[ Quote ]
| SugarCRM is to adopt Version 3 of the GNU general public license (GPLv3) for
| the next release of its open source CRM software after coming under pressure
| from its user community to move away from its own Sugar Public License.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/072507-user-pressure-leads-sugarcrm-to.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

As Sugar 5.0 debuts, SugarCRM looks to developer version

| Another difference is that SCE 5.0 will be licensed under version 3 of the
| GNU general public license (GPLv3) instead of the vendor's own Sugar Public
| License, a derivation of the Mozilla Public License, as had previously been
| the case.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/082707-as-sugar-50-debuts-sugarcrm.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Interview with OpenVZ Project Manager Kir Kolyshkin

,----[ Quote ]
| I had the opportunity to be part of the OpenVZ booth at the recent LinuxWorld
| Expo in San Francisco where I met the OpenVZ Project Manager, Kir Kolyshkin.
| He was kind enough to answer some questions for me via email.
`----

http://www.montanalinux.org/openvz-kir-interview.html

ChangeLog: New release paves the way for OpenVZ on Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| The OpenVZ team released an update today to make OpenVZ compatible
| with the 2.6.20 release of the Linux kernel, which may allow OpenVZ
| to work with Ubuntu Feisty, due to be released next month.
`----

http://news.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/03/28/161212&from=rss

Debian Linux Adopts OpenVZ Virtualization Software

,----[ Quote ]
| The OpenVZ project announced its operating system-level server
| virtualization software technology is incorporated into Debian
| GNU/Linux giving users full access to OpenVZ software, which
| helps increase server utilization rates.
`----

http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/256540_p.htm

OpenVZ updates open source virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
| SWsoft's OpenVZ project, which develops an open source
| virtualization product, has announced availability of beta level
| software based on the Linux kernel 2.6.18 -- preparing users for
| the upcoming Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (RHEL5) and Debian GNU/Linux
| 4 releases.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=850444181&rid=-50

OpenVZ virtualization heads to Power chips

,----[ Quote ]
| SWsoft programmers have created a version of the OpenVZ Linux
| virtualization software that works on Power processors, the company
| plans to announce Friday.
`----

http://news.com.com/2100-7339_3-6125034.html?part=rss&tag=6125034&subj=news

Mandriva virtualises enterprise server